Oral health care for most of us is primarily about the color, shape, alignment of our teeth and other basic dental issues. We often tend to overlook an important part of our mouth i.e. Gums.
Do you ever think about gum care when it comes to oral hygiene?
Having cavity-free and pearliest of teeth is not enough for a healthy mouth as you are still prone to gum disease. In fact, gum disease is painless and develops over a period of time. So, it’s difficult to identify it at the early stage.
Being a trusted dental clinic in Pune, we always advise our clients to never ignore gum problems as they may result in tooth loss and other dental issues.
What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease starts with the building up of plaque under or along the gum line. Plaque is a sticky layer that is filled with bacteria. This can result in infections that harm the gum and bone and lead to tooth cavity and gum disease.
Gingivitis: It is the earliest stage of gum disease caused by the subsequent accumulation of plaque. It causes the gum to become tender, swollen, inflamed and prone to bleeding. Fortunately, since the bone and tissue holding the teeth are not impacted, this damage is reversible and can be taken care of with the right medical attention.
Periodontitis: It is an advanced form of gum disease that affects the bone and fibers that support your teeth. If left untreated, it can destroy the gums, bones, and tissues connected to your tooth and you may have to get the affected tooth removed. Providing dental implants in Pune, we have often come across patients who lose their teeth owing to severe gum issues. While dental implants act as best tooth replacement solution, we recommend our clients to avoid situations that may lead to tooth loss.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
Following are some of the symptoms that may suggest you are having gum disease:
- Consistently having bad breath or bad taste
- Puffy, tender or bleeding gums
- Gaps widening between teeth
- Loosening of permanent teeth
- Receding gums, pulling away from your teeth
Prevention is Better than Cure
Gum disease is preventable and hence individuals must adopt proper oral hygiene in order to enjoy healthy teeth. Enlisted below are some of the easy tips that can go a long way in keeping gum issues at bay:
- Brush twice a day for at least 2 to 3 minutes gently across your teeth and don’t forget to brush along the gum line. Use a soft bristle brush and fluoride toothpaste for good results.
- Floss daily to remove plaque from areas that your toothbrush fails to reach.
- Rinsing might not be the replacement for brushing & flossing but it definitely reduces plaque formation considerably. You may use a therapeutic mouth wash that is known to be effective and safe.
- Maintaining a healthy diet is not just good for your physical health but also for your oral health. Avoid starchy and sugary foods that increase plaque formation. Instead, focus on diets that provide nutrients necessary to prevent gum disease like foods rich in Vitamin A&C.
- Avoid cigarettes and tobaccos as they are very harmful to your oral health. They not only contribute to gum disease but in several cases have even resulted in oral cancers.
- Schedule regular dental check-ups. This is one of the surest ways to detect early signs of periodontal disease.
Often people get dazzled by the marketing gimmicks and choose products that actually are not suitable for them. People with sensitive gums need to be more careful.
Why Dental Sphere?
While your personal oral hygiene care is very important, choosing the right dental service is also critical for your oral health. Dental Sphere is one of the reputed dental clinics in Pune, offering effective solutions to a host of dental issues. Equipped with a highly qualified team of dental experts, we ensure every dental problem (teeth or gums) is treated with the utmost care.
If you are suffering from gum problems or any other dental issue, and want to get treated by the best dentist in Pune, give us a chance and we assure you of a good and hassle-free experience. Our helpful and welcoming staff addresses every patient’s concern diligently and ensures the issues are resolved easily.
To learn more about a high-quality smile makeover in Pune, call us for more information and our team will get back to you!