Just as the eyes are a reflection of your soul, the mouth is the mirror to your overall well being. Your teeth, gums and tongue are integral part of your mouth that speaks volumes about your internal health. So, don’t take your oral health very lightly.
Regular dental check-ups by experienced dentists like that of Dental Sphere – the trusted dental clinic in Pune and a proper oral care regime can play an important role in maintaining your overall health. Wondering what you can do for your oral hygiene?
Well, here is a list of things that can make a difference:
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water keeps your mouth clean. It helps to produce saliva that washes away food debris and fights against bacteria causing germs. Taking water that has trace minerals (present in tap water and mineral water) and fluoride helps restore your enamel. Remember, the more you drink the brighter will be your smile!
- Do not skip brushing: You always get to hear this advice and it’s for a reason. Brushing is the most important way for keeping the cavity away. Use fluoride toothpaste as it strengthens your enamel and reverses signs of tooth decay. For those with braces need to take extra care. Offering services of a top orthodontist in Pune, Dental Sphere suggests using an inter-dental brush to keep the areas between your arch wires and teeth cleaner.
- Flossing is equally important as brushing: Do you know that when you eat food some parts get stuck between the teeth? Now, these sections are not easy to clean with your normal toothbrush and often result in a cavity, gum disease and tooth decay. Flossing helps to clean these hard-to-reach spots and keep a check on dental issues including cavities and swelling/redness of gums.
- Keep your tongue clean: Your tongue is as much a target of bacteria as your teeth are. So, make sure to keep it clean. Simply rinsing is not enough. Our dental team of Pune including the dentist in Kondhwa, recommends patients make it a habit to clean their tongue daily just as brushing their teeth. You can use a tongue scraper or the toothbrush itself to keep your tongue free from germs.
- A healthy diet provides more benefits than you expect: Balanced diet that includes fresh fruits & vegetables, whole grains, lean protein etc. is not only good for the overall health but also your teeth. These get you the required nutrients that promote oral health. Alternatively, keep away from sugary, sticky and processed foods and drinks as they are acidic in nature that can erode your enamel and damage your teeth.
If you really care for your oral health, then make the above tips a part of your daily routine. Simple yet effective, these small measures will keep your smile beautiful as always!
Trust Dental Sphere for your dental care
Dental Sphere is a trusted dental clinic that offers a wide spectrum of dental solutions. Whether you are looking for root canal treatment, dental implants, gum treatment or cosmetic dentistry in Pune, Dental Sphere is the ultimate destination for all your dental needs. Equipped with advanced and multi-specialist dental care facilities, the clinic ensures good results and a relaxing experience. If you want to keep your teeth healthy and avoid future dental issues then book an appointment with our specialists today! Remember, a small step taken today can save you from the bigger issues of tomorrow.