A root canal is considered to be the last step to save your tooth. And once you have undergone this complex procedure, you think you have run a prickly marathon. Unfortunately, not all root canal procedures see the light of the day. You may realize that the pain has surged after many months or even a year after the root canal or an endodontic treatment.
Some of the key symptoms that tell your endodontic treatment has failed when:
- Experiencing tenderness on biting
- Observing Sinus pus
- Increased mobility of the treated tooth
- Gum swells up in and around the treated tooth
- Tooth and gum pain
What could be the possible reasons for an endodontic re-treatment?
- Complex canal structure went undetected in the first procedure
- Fixing of the crown and restoration was delayed post treatment
- The restoration failed to prevent salivary contamination inside of the tooth
- Narrow or curved shaped canals were left untreated during the first procedure
So, what does endodontic retreatment involve?
- Retreatment of a root canal system requires complete removal of the original filling material
- After the removal of canal filling, the endodontist may examine your tooth meticulously to watch out for more anomalies in the anatomy that needs to be fixed.
- Next, the endodontist will fill and seal the canal with a temporary filling.
- After your endodontist completes the retreatment, you will have to visit your dentist to place a new crown on the tooth in order to protect and restore it to its full capacity.
Well, there is a high possibility that after endodontic retreatment you could save your tooth for an entire lifetime. A new era in dental equipment has definitely arrived. Advanced and finer dental technology have found a way to reach us through treatments. In fact, the techniques used by your endodontist may vary in comparison to the previous visit, as he/she has access to advanced techniques today.
A root canal treatment in Pune will breathe new life into your battered tooth. Come experience the magic with the help of cutting-edge technology from Dental Sphere.