Getting new braces is a commitment you make to achieve perfect alignment of your teeth. Immediately after the doctor fixes them, it takes some time getting used to them. There may be a bit of soreness and discomfort while eating your food. You also need to be careful that you are not eating hard foods that cause damage to the braces. Once you overcome these pain points, you are on your way to get that winsome and perfect smile.
There are various soft foods that can be eaten when one get braces which are nutritious and tasty. Here are a few food suggestions to make the journey with braces a breeze.
- Poha: Make sure the tasty poha you make is not chewy and is soaked in water properly. Avoid adding peanuts or else you can sprinkle a fine peanut powder on top instead. Also make sure the cilantro (kothimbir) is very finely chopped so it does not get entangled in the braces.
- Upama: Upma is a great option for breakfast with well soaked dal which is very malleable and the rava is cooked with extra bit of water to make it extra soft.
- Idli Chutney: Super soft idli with finely minced chutney is a good option too for breakfast
- Scrambled Eggs: Scrambled eggs are one of the best foods for new braces, and they can be prepared in different ways every day with additions like cheese, onions, peppers, salsa and sour cream.
- Pancakes: They’re soft enough that they can be easily eaten without worrying about chewing, and they make a tasty meal any time of day.
- Milk, yogurt, small cut pieces of fruits (like watermelon) or fruit juices make the perfect accompaniment.
- Soft Lentil Khichadi: This is a good and filling lunch option and can be a great one dish meal if finely chopped vegetables are added to it while cooking. Make sure it’s cooked well with a bit of extra water.
- Dal & Roti: Prepare the dal with a soup like consistency and soak broken pieces of roti to it for a few minutes to soften it. It should be eaten when it is fresh and warm.
- Meat Kheema with Mashed Potatoes: Meats can be eaten in the ‘kheema’ form (minced) so you don’t have to miss out on eating your meats. You can accompany it with mashed potatoes and cooked veggies to make it a hearty meal.
- Fish Curry Rice: Fish is easily chewable and you can enjoy it in your favorite curry with soft
- Pasta: Pasta can be enjoyed in your favorite sauce if it’s boiled a little more than ‘al dente’
(culinary term for slightly undercooked pasta).
- Noodle Soup: A hearty meat or vegetable broth added to noodles to comfort you.
One can try to build their own meals to suit one’s palate after taking care of a few things like avoiding hard, chewy, crunchy, sticky or gooey food items such as popcorn, nuts, very sticky or chunky peanut butter, hard or sticky candy (such as caramel, taffy or gummy bears), corn chips, hard taco shells, hard ice etc.
Fixing braces sometimes comes with a big price tag and may vary in different places. Braces cost in Pune is more or less at par with the rest of the country. While choosing among the many dental clinics in Pune, Dental Sphere is the preferred clinic by many because of their expertise in sound dental care and braces for teeth. They are also favored for their competitive pricing and professional approach.
Next time you need to care for your teeth, reach out at +91 9673256232 to book an appointment at Dental Sphere or visit our clinics at F.C. Road and Mukund Nagar in Pune city and experience the difference!