If you are having a badly decayed or infected tooth, the primary solution is the Root Canal. It is the best treatment to save your dying tooth.
Ideally speaking, the “root canal” is a part of your tooth – the hollow section of a tooth that contains the nerve tissue, blood vessels, and other cells, called the pulp. This pulp provides the required nutrients to your teeth. When tooth decay reaches the pulp of your tooth, due to abscess (pus-filled pocket around the roots) or because of an injury that damaged your tooth, you will require endodontic therapy, better known as the root canal treatment.
A reputed dental clinic in Pune, Dental Sphere offers effective root canal solutions for saving your damaged tooth. The entire treatment process including the cleaning of the root canal, filling and sealing it and adding the crown or permanent filling for lasting protection of your tooth, is carried out by our experts who ensure a smooth process with minimal risk of recurring complications.
Root Canal Post-Treatment care
Although a root canal is a painless procedure, some discomfort is expected. Soreness of jaws is the very common post-treatment effect that is caused due to keeping the mouth open for an extended period during the procedure. While over-the-counter medications prescribed are effective in controlling such symptoms, the doctor may prescribe stronger, narcotic medication as well.
Dental Sphere is known for providing excellent dental solutions and reasonable root canal cost in Pune, we ensure our patients carefully follow the instructions for medications. Some narcotics can make you drowsy so you should observe caution especially when driving a car or other activities requiring full concentration.
Some other precautions that you must observe in order to have good and speedy recovery are as follows:
- Do not eat until the numbness wears out in a few hours if the anesthesia was given.
- To protect the tooth and keep the temporary filling in place, avoid consuming hard or sticky substances (like chewing gum), and try to chew on the other side of your mouth.
- Refrain applying unnecessary pressure or touch to the treated tooth with the tongue, finger or any object. This may cause prolonged sensitivity to the treated tooth.
- Having the tooth restored with the final filling or crown will extend the success of the root canal treatment. Even the best dentist in Pune will agree that failure to place the final restoration is the leading cause of the tooth loss post root canal treatment. So, make sure you get it done on the appointed date.
- Continue to practice good oral hygiene. Brush and floss normally. You can also use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep your mouth and teeth clean.
While most of the root canal treatments are safe and successful, for the rare complications that may arise you must contact the doctor. Following are some of the symptoms that you should watch out for:
- Severe pain or pressure lasting more than a few days
- Recurring symptoms
- Swelling or inflammation inside or outside your mouth
- An allergic reaction to medication like rashes or itching
- Your bite feels uneven
- Coming out of temporary filling or crown
Nothing can be better than having a natural tooth. A root canal can serve as an effective treatment for saving your natural tooth. However, if you are apprehensive about its cost, let me make it clear that it is the most cost-efficient solution for restoring your affected tooth. And, we take pride to state that we do not just offer the best service to our patients but also the best root canal treatment cost in Pune.
So, what are you waiting for? We are just a call away! Connect with us for a safe and stress-free experience.