When it comes to your overall appearance and poise, nothing beats a dazzling and a healthy smile. A healthy smile can truly transform your presence, the positivity of your mind-set, as well as improving the health of not only your mouth but your personality too.
- Choose the right toothbrush, soft to medium bristles are best because they do less damage to the tooth enamel. You can also pick between manual and electric toothbrush based on your personal preference. If you pick the electric one, rotating oscillating heads work the best. However, change your toothbrush or toothbrush head at least after every two to three months
- Choose the right toothpaste, toothpaste scum and paste powders or gels to clean your teeth. Fluoride based toothpaste helps to fight cavities. Some toothpastes, specifically target plaque and tartar build-up, while others protect sensitive teeth to make sure your teeth stay clean and bright. Natural ingredient toothpaste is also an option for health-conscious consumers
- Brush at least twice daily – once in the morning and once before bed. Though, brushing more than three times a day can harm your teeth enamel
- Get into the habit of flossing for at least for 30 seconds every day
- Make sure to brush correctly in rotation and without putting too much pressure on teeth
- Make sure to brush for at least two minutes and cleanse every part of your mouth which includes hard-to-reach places like the back of your teeth and your tongue that will help fight bad breath
- During rush hours, don’t forget to pop some sugar free gum in your mouth if you can’t brush your teeth
Diet and Oral Health
Eating healthy diet will always go long way in keeping your mouth healthy. Here is what you should eat and the food you better skip.
- Drink plenty of water, drinking lots of water is good for your overall body health but it’s also very good for your oral health as it rinses out sugar acid bacteria and reduce the cavity process.
- Avoid eating and drinking sugary food for an extended period of time. Also the foods which stick to your teeth are especially bad. This includes candies, breads, potato chips and even bananas. Of course, soft drinks, on the other hand, are a big no-no as they are full of acid.
- Eat fruits and veggies which scrub your teeth like; carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc while strawberries and oranges polish the teeth surface.
- Celery and apples are ideal choices as they can clean between your teeth. Thus, it is advisable to eat them after the meal.
- Dairy products like cheese and yogurt are excellent sources of calcium and other tooth friendly ingredients, which help teeth grow and keep them strong.
- Avoid beverages like coffee, tea and red wine to reduce the chances of stains, but if you must drink them try using a straw so the liquid circumvents your teeth.
However, just following these dental hygiene routine is not enough, it is equally important to visit your dentist at least once in every six months. Your dentist is right person to keep an eye out for tooth decay, gum disease or other oral issues.
You can always ensure your smile is bright with the right habits and foods by practicing these tips, following proper oral hygiene, regimens and using the right tools for healthy mouth.