No doubt, a great smile leaves a long-lasting impression. A smile is the greatest asset whether it is for making friends, finding a special someone, or landing that dream job. But a beautiful radiant smile that shows healthy and natural teeth could be the greatest and most essential social tool any person can have.
Here we are going to share with you some tips that can help your teeth stay healthier and happier –
Regular visit to Dentist –
You should make sure that you go for a regular dental check-up. This will allow your dentist to detect any issue before it gets bad, and ultimately saving you a lot of pain and money in future. There are a lot of infections and diseases that actually show signs in the oral cavity before it spreads elsewhere. Diseases like, oral cancer, leukemia, HIV, etc; these all shows signs and symptoms initially in the mouth.
Therefore, it is important to have a professional cleaning and get examined by a dentist at least twice in a year.
Good Oral Hygiene
The three most important parts of your daily oral hygiene should include brushing, flossing, and rinsing with good mouthwash at least twice a day.
Few Important tips to maintain a good healthy mouth
- No matter your toothbrush is manual, electric or battery powered, you should always look out for the quality of bristles on a toothbrush. Your toothbrush has to have soft bristles to prevent gum damage and enamel erosion.
- Remember to floss below the gum line where the bacteria live. Flossing should also be done after every meal.
- Mouthwash can do more than just freshen up your breath. It can help kill germs that cause plaque, gingivitis, and bad breath.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- A chewing gum that contains xylitol may help to prevent the growth of bacteria in teeth and also reduce cavities.
A Good Diet
What you eat and how often you eat can affect your general health and the health of your teeth and gums, as well. Food that is high in carbohydrates and sugar can be very bad for your teeth. Limit your snacking, if you feel like snacking; opt for fruits and vegetables over processed foods. Avoid munching on pretzels, chips, candy, etc. Instead, try to stick to balanced and healthy meals.
For good oral health, keep these tips in mind when choosing food for your sweet tooth:
- Eat a variety of foods from each of the five major food groups, including –
- Whole grains
- Lean sources of protein such as skinless poultry and fish; dry beans, peas and other legumes
- low-fat and fat-free dairy food
- & Drink plenty of water.
Thumb rule is healthy mouth can lead to having a healthier body. Therefore, it is important to take care of your teeth.