A missing tooth can have an impending effect on an individual’s well-being. Facing trouble while eating might be the primary reason for discomfort. Eating concerns may arise due to missing teeth but there is a greater distress that needs to be addressed. Having a missing tooth can also affect the self-esteem of an individual as their appearance can get affected. Not many are lucky to have a perfect set of teeth that gives them the perfect smile. Missing a single tooth or multiple teeth can do more harm than good.
Along with giving you an unaesthetic appearance, it can also give you the following problems:
- Speech problems: Our teeth are one of the major functional units responsible for our speech. Misaligned or missing teeth will only make talking more challenging as the role of teeth is to assist in voiceless noises.
- Makes it hard to chew food: It can also be problematic when it comes to chewing food. You might not be able to eat certain food items with the same comfort as before. For instance, if you want to bite into a crispy pear, you might not be able to do so if your front teeth are missing.
- Tooth decay and gum diseases: If the missing teeth are not replaced, then the teeth adjacent to it also get misaligned. The empty space of the missing teeth can lead to plaque and tartar – the topmost reasons for several gum diseases and cavities.
- Misalignment of the remaining teeth
- To make up for the missing teeth, the remaining teeth will shift towards the empty spaces and try to adjust it. Such an occurrence can be debilitating as the particular tooth won’t be able to perform its function as effectively as before. This will only lead to additional discomfort and tooth loss in the long run.
- Affects your facial structure: You may not know it, but yes, missing a few teeth can also change the way you look. You can see a considerable amount of difference in your facial structure, if you look carefully. The change is subtle but noticeable. It can loosen the muscles around your jaw making your face look a bit sunken and older.
TEETH IMPLANTS: BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR MISSING TEETH
The best solution for missing teeth is to replace those gaps with teeth implants. Teeth implants help in restoring the natural balance in your oral functioning. It can help in correcting your bite and prevent your face from sagging and losing its original structure. Also, the existing teeth do not have to go through the trouble of realigning itself. As a result, you eliminate the chances of additional tooth loss. Dental implants have been invented with the motive of serving long term benefits to boost your oral health.
If taken care, dental implants can last a lifetime – making your life easier, boosting your self-esteem and making you confident like never before.